Yesterday eveing I managed to get down to Triangle for the last couple of hours. On my last visit the water was absolutely crystal clear and I was pleased to see that the rain has given it a slight tinge again. Unfortunately there were no tench which I was hoping for. My hot bait this year has been prawns but for the first time in my favourite swim they failed to tempt a tinca. I did however catch a couple of greedy perch around 6oz and I suspect that from the way my float continually bobbed and dipped that a shoal was in residence.
There were two other anglers who had fished since mid afternoon and they too had struggled. One chap had a tench and the other had blanked.
09/07/26 - Summer trotting Part II (dace, dace, dace!)
-
Didn't get out again in June due to some unforeseen demands at work and by
the time those were out the way it had got too hot and oppressive to think
abo...
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment