Not unless you count a very greedy river minnow that was definitely bigger than the size 10 charm but there wasn't a great deal in it. I had not strayed too far downstream and returned to fish the car park stretch. Soon the sun broke through and I noticed a few fish rising. Last week I had tied up some Sturdys Fancy and this fly was put to good use taking three or four fish in quick succession. This pattern will definitely be given a swim on the Derwent tomorrow and as predicted it certainly brought the grayling up. It wasn't quite the classic pattern as I used buff thread instead of purpleand a grizzle hackle but the Dove fish did not seem to know the difference.
09/07/26 - Summer trotting Part II (dace, dace, dace!)
-
Didn't get out again in June due to some unforeseen demands at work and by
the time those were out the way it had got too hot and oppressive to think
abo...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment