There were two rods that I remember from this era that were considered to be a cut above. They were the Hardy Matchmaker and the Bruce & Walker. Recently I was lucky enough to find a Bruce and Walker on ebay. I won the auction and the rod was not too far from me at Heanor. This morning I drove over to pick it up and I'm really pleased with it, the model is a Flyer 12L. Hopefully I'll get to give it a go before Xmas but fishing trips seem to be at a premium in the run up. If there is a big thaw this week the rivers are likely to be up but it will give me something to ponder whilst trying to concentrate on work.
09/07/26 - Summer trotting Part II (dace, dace, dace!)
-
Didn't get out again in June due to some unforeseen demands at work and by
the time those were out the way it had got too hot and oppressive to think
abo...
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment