With the benefit of hindsight the water was quite coloured which I would have expected to clear by now after last weeks rain.
09/07/26 - Summer trotting Part II (dace, dace, dace!)
-
Didn't get out again in June due to some unforeseen demands at work and by
the time those were out the way it had got too hot and oppressive to think
abo...
1 week ago

It happens Dave, some evenings nothing hatches, and the fish don't do anything.
ReplyDeleteAlways worth a small lure in the last of the light, it can save a complete blank
When are you coming back with another of your excellent posts?
ReplyDeleteDear RR, unfortunately I've been sidetracked for a while by moving house! There is plenty to keep me busy here and until we've made our new house in Egginton into a home trips will be few and far between. I did manage an hour out this morning with my air rifle though!
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Dave.
Egginton eh? You might like the Hilton Brook near you. I don't know who controls it but it was an important influence on my very first attempts at dry fly fishing.
ReplyDeleteRegular Rod