Not many cars at Willington car park when I arrived and I thought I would walk up to Findern Pond then work my way back down. At the pond I only had a dozen casts and 80% of then came back weeded up so I adjourned to the canal. The weather had taken a turn for the worst a wintry squall starting to seep down the back of my neck, brrrr! There were only a few dog walkers out and it was really getting unpleasant when a perch grabbed my lure. Not a monster, probably a pound or so but very welcome. The lure was an ABU Sonnette one of those I remember looking longingly at in the old Tight Lines catalogue. It has been swapped from box to box over the years as I don't spin much but turned up trumps today.
09/07/26 - Summer trotting Part II (dace, dace, dace!)
-
Didn't get out again in June due to some unforeseen demands at work and by
the time those were out the way it had got too hot and oppressive to think
abo...
1 week ago

Well conditioned perch there Dave and lovely colours. Get some little rubber jigs from AGM Discount tackle and get back for a few more.
ReplyDeleteCheer, Rob Goodwin
well done mate any fish is welcome in this weather
ReplyDeleteOh by the way could you link my blog to yours? I have included you on mine btw, cheers mate.
ReplyDeleteHey Dave, I have moved my "QuestForBarbel" site to: http://myquestforbarbel.wordpress.com/ so please continue to follow me and please update your links to my new site. I have already added you to my new site. Thanks mate.
ReplyDeleteRichard