Sunday 6 November 2011

Autumn in South Derbyshire

This afternoon I knocked off early from doing some jobs and took a walk over to the River Dove with Barney. It was a great afternoon and although I did not wet a line what a cracking time to be out.

The Dove looked in fine fettle carrying a little extra water. This is definitely my favourite time of year as the temperature drops there seems to be an unbelievable fresh smell to the air.



What a handsome lad!

The colours are incredible at this time of year with greens through yellow and golds to russet and brown.


The gravel pit above is just off the path down to the river and if you look closely there is one angler out enjoying the afternoon sun.

1 comment:

  1. excellent post! I love fishing in the Autumnal colours.. Even better when theres a fish on the end!

    Could you give me an email? kieron@fishtec.co.uk

    Cheers, Kieron

    ReplyDelete