Sunday 8 July 2012

Egginton Floods

Etwall Road looking towards the bridge
 On Friday evening I nipped over to Willington for an hours spinning in the canal. I had a take from a pike to my Big Hammer plastic lure but unfortunately it did not stick.

A 4x4 makes a successful fording
 The roads were clear on my way out but on return Egginton Brook had ended up in the fields and then washing over the roads.

The 'bobbing' mini
 The village was shut off at both ends from about 2000 Friday until 0900 Saturday morning. Church Road still looks unpassable.

Church Road, now a river.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos on this one. My truck is in the shop right now after driving through two feet of water. I fished the bike path and two intersections...no bites.

    ReplyDelete