Wednesday 28 August 2013

Eaton Dovedale


Summer is fading fast, and as I didn't leave work until late knew I would barely catch a couple of hours. So after throwing my tackle in the car it was off to Eaton Dovedale where I would just fish the top of the beat.


Some members have complained about the banks being overgrown here, it is not too much of a problem though. I was soon through it and into the river rewarded by a nice brownie third cast.


 Some nice grayling are also starting to appear. Hopefully they will provide good sport over the autumn and winter. It feels like the former is approaching rapidly now.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, looking forward to catching a few ladies soon. However, want to try something more than the usual bait fishing. As I am an occasional, ham-fisted fly fisherman, I wondered if you could give me some pointers please? What leader set up do you normally use for bugs/nymphs on the Dove? Cheers, Ian.

    ReplyDelete