Tuesday 4 June 2013

Bread Flake

 I'd been getting some ribbing from Phil about getting down to it with bread flake rather than my usual tench baits so on Saturday evening he booked me in for a masterclass at our club pond. He was straight out of the blocks netting two fish including a 5lb'er before I had a bite.

 My confidence in the bait was not that high although I do recollect that I had had my best haul of tench in terms of numbers on bread. That was 35 years ago and ironically I was in the same swim as that evening! I was off the mark with a lively youngster which shows the pond is in fine form. After that activity picked up in my swim and the fish in the first photo weighed in at 4lb 4oz. I missed a few bites before connecting again with the fish below which was a beautiful specimen about the same size as the first. So confidence restored and I'll hope to get in another session for the tincas before the river season starts.


No comments:

Post a Comment