Monday 31 January 2011

Lower Ellastone

Having not fished for a few weeks I was looking forward to a session on the River Dove hopefully tempting a few fish to my Czech nymphs. The water looked in great condition but I knew how cold it would be and I do well to last a couple of hours in these conditions. The river really was at a great level for this time of year and I was soon into my favourite winter run just below the fast water. Alas it was not to be yesterday and I did not trouble the scorers. A few other anglers were out and had also found conditions tough, there was a lot of talk about the fish being hammered by comorants whilst the still waters have been frozen. I got cold enough to put me off for another few weeks although Andy at work today gave me a huge batch of T&S and FF&FT magazines so it won't be long before I'm well and truly 'hooked' again.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing entry and I love to read more of it so that I will be able to look over and have it as an inspiration for further articles to write about when it comes to updates on fly fishing and it's pros and cons too. I do hope you will get to visit our official website and let us know what you think about it. Here is the link

    http://www.sammaka.com/

    Thanks ahead :)

    ReplyDelete